5 incredible things to know about India
You have probably heard too much about India, this may be because it is one of the most common destinations of international travelers. Many Indian people are also spread in almost all over the world. India is a very large country with a large population. As a big country, it has countless tourist attractions and incredible things that attract tourists' attention.
5 incredible things about India that may inspire you
- India is the country with the highest population in the world .You may be amazed by this statement. As the United Nations claimed, India will stand at the first place of the most populous countries in the world by 2028. This is because of its highest growing population. The reason is India has already a large proportional population. Chinese and Indian civilizations have been considered as the most populous. They have fertile lands and a high rate of industrialization. This led the decrease of the death rate and caused the population growth.
- They have the highest cricket ground in the world. Build in the year 1893, Chail is the highest cricket ground in the world. It is a scenic hill station situated in Himachal of India with an altitude of 2,144 meters. Chail is settled in the middle of virgin forests at the top of high rise hills. It is famous for its beautiful vista and the breathtaking architecture. It is considered as one of the most popular cricket grounds in India with a large number of visitors. Standing at the top of the stadium allows to relish a splendid view of Sutlej Valley, Kasauli and Shimla.
- India is home to the wettest lands in the world. The reason is that the places have more abundant rainfall compared with others. By the July month the monsoon blows all over India, this leads to the abundant rain in the south part of the country. Mawsynram and Cherrapunji have been considered as the world wettest places. However, there are also other places such as Agumbe, Chinnakallar, Neriamangalam famous for the heavy rain.
- Followed by the USA and China, India is the largest producer of milk in the world. The country ensures about 19% of the total milk production of the globe with more than 150 million tons of milk production every year. This high percentage has been caused by the existence of daily farming in almost all over India.
- India has the largest number of vegetarians in the world. Because of different cultures and religions that Indian people practice, India is the country with the largest number of vegetarians of the planet. As research found, around 20-40% of the Indian population are vegetarian. Most of them choose to be vegetarian for the religion but there are also those who are pushed by personal choices.
Travel to India and discover the incredible facts about the country
If you are planning to travel to India to experience the amazing culture, facts and the country's best attractions, Opodo is always there to help you manage your travel. Book your flight and accommodation on Opodo's website.